Re: BUG: nfsref(8) has no means to set a non-2049 port number for referrals

> On Nov 10, 2023, at 3:18 AM, Martin Wege <martin.l.wege@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> simple bug report:
> nfsref(8) has no means to set a non-2049 port number for referrals.
>
> Expected behaviour:
> nfsref(8) should be able to define a non-standard TCP port for
> referrals, for example in case the NFSD port is going through a
> firewall, or is tunneled via ssh or other means.
>
> Actually behaviour.
> No custom TCP port can be specified for referrals.

Please open a bug on bugzilla.linux-nfs.org <http://bugzilla.linux-nfs.org/>, product "kernel",
component "server" with the description of your enhancement
request above.

As I said in the other thread, this is not an easy feature to
add right now because the mountd downcall is text-based, and its
parser can't support the punctuation needed to handle the extra
port setting. (If it were easy we would have done it already).

We will be able to add support for alternate ports when the
mountd downcall is converted to use the new nfsd netlink
protocol, infrastructure for which was added in v6.7.

--
Chuck Lever