Re: mount options not propagating to NFSACL and NSM RPC clients

Hi Dan,

On 5 Nov 2023, at 10:48, Dan Aloni wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Linux v6.6-14500-g1c41041124bd, I added a sysfs file for debugging
> `/sys/kernel/debug/sunrpc/rpc_clnt/*/info`, and noticed that when
> passing the following mount options: `soft,timeo=50,retrans=16,vers=3`,
> NFSACL and NSM seem to take the defaults from somewhere else (xprt).
> Specifically, locking operation behave as if in a hard mount with
> these mount options.
>
> Is it intentional?

Yes, it usually is intentional.  The various rpc clients that make parts of
NFS work don't all inherit the mount flags due to reasons about how the
system should behave as a whole.  I think that you can find usually find the
reasoning the git logs around "struct rpc_create_args".

Are you getting a system hung up in a lock operation?

Ben