Question: NFS behaviour in case of concurrent local and remote access

Hi everyone,

I'm new to NFS and am trying to understand how to use it safely and
correctly.

The situation I'm considering is following. There's a server with an
( ext4 if it matters ) local volume that's exported through NFSv4. There
are expected to be both remote ( ie. over the NFS ) read/write clients
and local ones that write to the volume directly ( ie. not thorough the
NFS ).

Assuming well-behaved clients, ie. no interleaved open()...close() on
the same file, how will NFS handle this ? Will close-to-open consistency
continue to work, will it interfere with delegations ?

Pointers or thoughts greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ivan Yosifov