Re: [NFS] How to get information about the NFS version client and server have negotiated on the server side?

On Tue, Nov 03, 2009 at 03:42:28PM -0500, Vasily Tarasov wrote:
> I have the following question. NFS client and server negotiate the version they
> are going to use at the mount time. How can I get the info about their decision
> on the server-side?

I don't know of an easy way to get that information.

We could add some sort of interface to get that information, but I'm not
sure what it would look like.  On the server side this may be a less
well-defined question than you think, thanks to the stateless nature of
the protocol, and to differences in the way clients are identified
across the different protocol versions (especially v4 and v4.1).

--b.