Re: mount.nfs: access denied by server

On Fri, 2009-08-21 at 16:36 -0400, Chuck Lever wrote:
> On Aug 21, 2009, at 4:04 PM, J. Bruce Fields wrote:
> > Also, while I hope this is the last bug in the mountd's flavor list
> > return, it isn't the first--only recently did we even start using real
> > information from the export instead of just faking something up.  So I
> > think it's safest to preserve the historical sec= behavior and give
> > users a way to override the negotiation, to cut down on bug reports of
> > mount failures on upgrade.
>
> OK, if this is a recently introduced server problem, then why do we
> need to adjust client-side behavior?  Trond's response in cases like
> this is usually "fix the d*mn server," which you've already done.

What is the definition of "recently introduced" here? What is the exact
commit that introduced the bug in nfs-utils?

The problem is that we're changing the client, and if it turns out that
every damned Linux server that was installed out there in the past 2
years displays this bug, then Linus will call 'regression' on us and
revert the code.

Trond

--
Trond Myklebust