Re: Read/Write NFS I/O performance degraded by FLUSH_STABLE page flushing

If you can explain how pulling that ONE change can cause the performance
issue to essentially disappear, I'd be more than happy to *try* to get a
2.6.30 test environment configured. Getting ClearCase to *install* on
kernel.org kernels is a non-trivial operation, requiring modifications to
install scripts, module makefiles, etc. Then there is the issue of
verifying that nothing else is impacted, all before I can begin to do this
test. We're talking days here.

To be blunt, I'd need something I can take to a manager who will ask me
why I'm spending so much time on an issue when we "already have the
cause."

Brian Cowan
Advisory Software Engineer
ClearCase Customer Advocacy Group (CAG)
Rational Software
IBM Software Group
81 Hartwell Ave
Lexington, MA

Phone: 1.781.372.3580
Web: http://www.ibm.com/software/rational/support/

Please be sure to update your PMR using ESR at
http://www-306.ibm.com/software/support/probsub.html or cc all
correspondence to sw_support@xxxxxxxxxx to be sure your PMR is updated in
case I am not available.