Re: Virtual IPs and blocking locks

Rob Gardner wrote:
It looks to me like recent kernels have added a "h_srcaddr" filed to the nlm_host structure, and this should be set to the server's virtual ip address. Then when the server sends the GRANTED_MSG call to the client, it should appear to be coming from the virtual ip address, not the server's primary ip address. So either h_srcaddr isn't getting set up correctly with your virtual ip address, or rpc_create() isn't binding it as the source address as it should. In our (older kernel) code, we explicitly call xprt_set_bindaddr() with the virtual ip address to make this happen, but I don't immediately see where this happens in the latest kernel source.

You are right, I cannot reproduce this issue with nfs servers based on later versions on the kernel containing the patches for
'NLM: fix source address in server callbacks'

However this still leaves the question of the client handling such a situation where a callback is made from a different ip address. Should the client accept such callbacks or is the current behaviour of rejecting these callbacks correct?

Sachin Prabhu