Re: [pnfs] [RFC 0/4] nfs-utils: nfsd support for minor version

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 03:01:47PM -0400, Steve Dickson wrote:
> I do get your point, but as we did with the initial v4 support,
> having the support on by default and then having away to turn it
> off is the correct approach... IMHO...

I'd prefer it be off by default, for the obvious safety reasons.  (It's
under rapid development and particularly likely to have bugs).  The only
reason we had it on by default before was that we didn't add the
switching mechanism early enough.  (Well, and because we could keep it
off in the config.  But I'd rather be able to ship users a kernel that
supports 4.1 and give them the option of turning it on at runtime, than
make them build a new kernel.)

--b.