Re: [NFS] Compileing nfs-utils 1.1.5 on RHEL4 fails in tcpwrapper.c

> > From time to time the build failes becuase some files are not
> > available when they are compiled. This is not strictly
> true, the file
> > is available but the building machine is told it's not.
> Make sure the time on all the machines are synced with
> something like ntpd.

Could you explain to me why the time is important? It might sound as a silly question, but as I see it it's just one portion of a file system in the remote machine mounted on the file system on the building machine.

> > I don't know much about NFS and the option I chose for the
> configure
> > script are just becuase otherwise it didn't compile. So, do
> you guys
> > think that even without nfsv4, gss and tcp-wrapper I would
> achive what I need?
> Not clear... There is a very good change running such a new
> nfs-utils on an legacy release might cause more problem...

Sorry, now that I read it again I see it's not very clear.

The files on the remote machine are only read by the building machine. Nothing is written on the NFS mounted file system by the building machine. NFS is used so that we can share source code among differente building machines. To achive this, do I need nfsv4, gss and tcp-wrapper? In other words, what are nfsv4, gss and tcp-wrapper?

Thanks for your help, it's very much appreciated.

Giulio

Linedata Services (UK) Ltd
Registered Office: Bishopsgate Court, 4-12 Norton Folgate, London, E1 6DB
Registered in England and Wales No 3027851    VAT Reg No 778499447