Re: [patch 3/3] knfsd: add file to export stats about nfsd pools

J. Bruce Fields wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 05:42:49PM +1100, Greg Banks wrote:
>
>> J. Bruce Fields wrote:
>>
>>> On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 09:26:36PM +1100, Greg Banks wrote:
>>>

>>> As you said, an important question for the sysadmin is "should I
>>> configure more nfsds?"  How do they answer that?
>>>

>> You can work that out, [...]
>>

> OK, thanks, that makes sense, but: it would be really fantastic if we
> could update and/or replace some of the howto's and faq's that are out
> there.

Fair enough.

After I composed the above reply, I wondered whether the right thing to
do would have been to add that text to a new file somewhere in
Documentation/.  Would that suit as an interim measure while I look at
howtos and faqs?  I mention this because I'll be adding more new stats
in the next tranche of patches.

> Queued up this and the old-stats removal for 2.6.30.

Thanks.

--
Greg Banks, P.Engineer, SGI Australian Software Group.
the brightly coloured sporks of revolution.