Re: Best A->B large file copy performance

Jim Callahan wrote:
> I'm trying to determine the most optimal way to have a single NFS
> client copy large numbers (100-1000) of fairly large (1-50M) files [...]
I'd like to propose a new rule of thumb:  to be considered "fairly
large", a file should be larger than the capacity of a USB key which
could be comfortably swallowed.

> [...] Since the number of permutations of these three settings are
> large I was hoping that I might get some advise from this list about a
> range of values we should be investigating and any unpleasant
> interactions between these levels of settings we should be aware of to
> narrow our search.  Also, if there are other major factors outside
> those listed I'd appreciate being pointed in the right direction.
Try

http://mirror.linux.org.au/pub/linux.conf.au/2008/slides/130-lca2008-nfs-tuning-secrets-d7.odp

--
Greg Banks, P.Engineer, SGI Australian Software Group.
the brightly coloured sporks of revolution.