Re: nfsstat --sleep=#

On Mar 12, 2009, at Mar 12, 2009, 12:24 PM, J. Bruce Fields wrote:
On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 12:08:57PM -0400, Chuck Lever wrote:
On Mar 12, 2009, at Mar 12, 2009, 11:50 AM, J. Bruce Fields wrote:
On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 10:00:34AM -0400, Chuck Lever wrote:
Hi Kevin-

man watch(1)

What would you watch?

For example:

 watch -n3 nfsstat -c

You can also use the "-d" option to highlight the differences between
the current sample and the previous sample.

He was asking for deltas; the above only gives cumulative totals.

In that case, he might try one of the Python scripts I wrote that report NFS and RPC metrics. mountstats and nfs-iostat are included in the latest nfs-utils tarball. If they don't do exactly what is needed, it should be easy to hack them.

There's no accurate one-line solution using the existing nfsstat
commandline, but it should be easy to add.

--b.

--b.