Re: [NLM] 2.6.27.14 breakage when grace period expires

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 09:37:03PM +0100, Frank van Maarseveen wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 03:35:55PM -0500, J. Bruce Fields wrote:
> > On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 12:23:18PM +0100, Frank van Maarseveen wrote:
> > > I'm sorry to inform you but... it seems that there is a similar problem
> > > in the NLM subsystem as reported previously but this time it is triggered
> > > when the grace time expires after a reboot.
> > >
> > > Client and server run 2.6.27.14 + previous fix, NFSv3.
> > >
> > > On the client there are three shells running:
> > >
> > > 	while :; do lck -w /mnt/foo 2; done
> > >
> > > The "lck" program is the same as posted before and it obtains an exclusive
> > > write lock then waits 2 seconds in above invocation (there's probably an
> > > "fcntl" command equivalent). After an orderly server reboot + grace time
> >
> > How are you rebooting the server?
>
> "reboot"

Could you watch the nfs/nlm/nsm traffic on reboot and make sure that the
server is actually sending the reboot notification to the client, and
that the client is trying to reclaim?  (Wireshark should make this all
fairly clear.  But capture the traffic with tcpdump -s0 -wtmp.pcap and
send it to me if you're having trouble interpreting it.)

--b.