Re: [patch 10/14] sunrpc: Reorganise the queuing of cache upcalls.

On Fri, Jan 09, 2009 at 01:40:47PM +1100, Greg Banks wrote:
> J. Bruce Fields wrote:
> > [...]
> >
> >     You can mitigate the problem by reading from a single file descriptor
> >     that's shared between processes (as mountd currently does), but that
> >     requires the read to always provide a buffer large enough to get the
> >     whole request in one atomic read.  That's less practical for gss
> >     init_sec_context calls, which could vary in size from a few hundred
> >     bytes to 100k or so.
> >
> I'm confused -- doesn't the current cache_make_upcall() code allocate a
> buffer of length PAGE_SIZE and not allow it to be resized?

Yeah, sorry for the confusion: this was written as cleanup in
preparation for patches to support larger gss init_sec_context calls
needed for spkm3, which I'm told likes to send across entire certificate
trains in the initial NULL calls.  (But the spkm3 work is stalled for
now).

--b.