Re: more nfsv4 lockups w/ nexenta

On Fri, 2008-12-19 at 13:36 -0500, Thomas Garner wrote:
> > As far as I can see from your tcpdump, there is no NFS network activity
> > at all, so the recovery thread is obviously hung. What does
> > 'echo t > /proc/sysrq-trigger' tell you that the thread is doing?
>
> Here you go:
>
> http://s120158928.onlinehome.us/messages_sysrq.7.gz

OK. It looks as if that thread is hanging waiting for some other thread
to release the sequence lock. However, I couldn't see anything other
than a firefox session actually in the NFS code in your sysrq trace.
That thread couldn't holding the sequence lock, since it was actually
doing those WRITE calls that figure in the above messages.

The syslog trace seems incomplete, though. Can you see more information
if you use

	dmesg -s 90000

Trond