Re: possible module refcount leak with auth_gss

On Wed, 10 Dec 2008 11:31:36 -0500
"J. Bruce Fields" <bfields@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 11:25:06AM -0500, Jeff Layton wrote:
> > It works. With a nfs-utils that has your patches to properly set the
> > cache timeouts it looks like this problem is generally fixed. The module
> > refcounts go back to normal once the tickets expire.
> >
> > That said, I think we should have a look at Bruce's suggestion for changing
> > the way that the module refcounts are actually handled. It would seem to
> > make more sense to hold the reference based on the exports using that auth
> > scheme, and to purge the caches on module unload.
> >
> > Not a huge deal, but probably something we should consider.
>
> Yeah.  Since I don't care enough about module unloading, I'm not going
> to work on this now.  But it's unfortunate.
>
> I'm a little more worried about why the RPC_GSS_PROC_DESTROY requests
> aren't working.

I took some time today to dig into this. Here's some debug output from
the RPC_GSS_PROC_DESTROY request on the client:

RPC:     0 holding RPCSEC_GSS cred ffff880011579bb8
RPC:       new task initialized, procpid 2846
RPC:       allocated task ffff88001e110000
RPC:    11 __rpc_execute flags=0x281
RPC:    11 call_start nfs4 proc NULL (async)
RPC:    11 call_reserve (status 0)
RPC:    11 call_refresh (status 0)
RPC:    11 refreshing RPCSEC_GSS cred ffff880011579bb8
RPC:    11 call_refreshresult (status -13)
RPC:    11 return 0, status -13
RPC:    11 release task
RPC:    11 releasing RPCSEC_GSS cred ffff880011579bb8

...looks like we're trying to refresh the credentials before sending the
call but that's failing. That's as far as I've gotten with it so far
though.

--
Jeff Layton <jlayton@xxxxxxxxxx>