Re: NFS mount over IPv6 success

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 01:00:27AM -0500, Chuck Lever wrote:
> Keep an eye out for IPv6-related patches for nfs-utils.  The key is to
> ensure IPv4 continues to work, especially on Debian which tracks
> upstream nfs-utils closely.

We don't plan to incorporate IPv6-specific patches before upstream does (and
lenny, our upcoming release, is not going to get libtirpc or rpcbind). When
upstream nfs-utils is ready, you can expect us to configure with
--enable-ipv6 pretty quickly, though :-)

I still haven't had any success with nfsd on the server side in Linux; it's a
bit unclear to me what nfs-utils to use in particular.

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/