Re: about NLM/NSM

Thank you all very much. Hexf and I are examing all the clues together
to check whether we can get a clearer solution. He will post the
result later.

Feng Shuo
2008/10/29 Frank Filz <ffilzlnx@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Mon, 2008-10-27 at 17:20 -0400, Peter Staubach wrote:
>> J. Bruce Fields wrote:

>> > That's what she was working on (and we merged), yes.
>> >
>> > But it doesn't help clear just the set of locks held by a single client.

>> > I'm losing track of what those two "this"'s refer to!
>> >

>> Sorry -- :-)
>>
>> For the situation of needing to clear locks belonging to long
>> dead and not returning clients, we could use a variation of
>> Wendy's proposal which works using the client IP as the key.
>
> Wouldn't this be pretty easy to do with a user space tool that just
> calls lockd's SM_NOTIFY procedure? Sure, it's a private interface (as
> far as what proc # - but it's pretty well known that lockd always
> provides SM_NOTIFY on the same proc #), but there's no real need to add
> a new kernel interface unless we want to generalize the clearlocks
> interface.
>
> The tool just needs to use loopback and a privileged port.
>
> Frank
>

> --

Feng Shuo
Tel: (86)10-6260-0547
Fax: (86)10-6265-7255
Mailing: P. O. Box 2704# Beijing
Postcode: 100080
National Research Centre for High Performance Computers
Institute of Computing Technology, Chinese Academy of Sciences
No. 6, South Kexueyuan Road, Haidian District
Beijing, China