Re: Case sensitivity in NFS files

On Thursday 09 of October 2008 20:36:18 J. Bruce Fields wrote:
> Do you know which filesystem it exports?  I haven't played with exports
> of case-insensitive filesystems, but the behavior you saw would seem
> consistent with that:

Thanks for your reply. Now I see you are right. The exported filesystem is
ext3, so I expected it to be case sensitive, but if I check its behavior form
the shell on NAS machine it behaves as case insensitive. Probably there is
some patched kernel in the NAS machine. Unfortunately I do not have kernel
sources, as they ship them only for $20 on CD by snail mail.

So this explains the observed behavior. Thanks again.

Michal S.