incorrect entries in /etc/netconfig

Hi Steve-

I'm trying out setconfigent() and friends from the new libtirpc.

It looks like the entries in the stock /etc/netconfig on Fedora are incorrect compared with Solaris. My Fedora 8 system has this:

udp        tpi_clts      v     inet     udp     -       -
tcp        tpi_cots_ord  v     inet     tcp     -       -
udp6       tpi_clts      -     inet6    udp6     -       -
tcp6       tpi_cots_ord  -     inet6    tcp6    -       -

but my OpenSolaris 2008.5 system has this:

udp6       tpi_clts      v     inet6   udp    /dev/udp6       -
tcp6       tpi_cots_ord  v     inet6   tcp    /dev/tcp6       -
udp        tpi_clts      v     inet    udp    /dev/udp        -
tcp        tpi_cots_ord  v     inet    tcp    /dev/tcp        -

Note the contents of the fifth field in each row. The Fedora netconfig has "udp6" and "tcp6" as the protonames, which I think is incorrect. These should be "udp" and "tcp". Only the netids (the first field) should have the extra "6" suffix. The protocol names should always be "udp" or "tcp", no matter which address family is used.

Can you fix this up in the libtirpc package?

--
Chuck Lever
chuck[dot]lever[at]oracle[dot]com