[NFS] Does "sync" cause the FUA bit to be set?

Hi,

we have a raid controller serving a file system that we export and
mount with NFS. Depending on the performance profile we chose for the
raid controller, the are huge performance differences on the NFS client
side between two profiles. Those two profiles both use write cache and
no journaling, but one honors the FUA bit if it is set, and the other
profile ignores it (there might be more differences, but the manual
doesn't state any others but the FUA bit).

With the profile ignoring the FUA bit, copying or deleting directories
of e.g. 10M with a about 1000 files is factor 5 faster than with the
profile honoring the FUA bit.

We export with the "sync" option. Does that option maybe set the FUA bit
for all write operations on the NFS server?

cu,
Frank

--
Dipl.-Inform. Frank Steiner   Web:  http://www.bio.ifi.lmu.de/~steiner/