Re: rapid clustered nfs server failover and hung clients -- how best to close the sockets?

At 12:22 PM 6/9/2008, Jeff Layton wrote:
>That might be worth investigating, but sounds like it might cause problems
>with the services associated with IP addresses that are staying on the
>victim server.

Jeff, I think you have many years of job security to look forward to, here. :-)

Since you sent this to the NFSv4 list - is there any chance you're thinking
to not transparently take over IP addresses, but use NFSv4 locations and
referrals for these "migrations"? Yes, I know some clients may not quite be
there yet.

Tom.