Re: Strange NFS behaviour

Thank you David for the reply.

it's the client-side caching. i used to run into essentially the same thing when developing on a git repository that's exported over NFSv4, then mounting and building on the clients (with lndir or make O=) -- i'll quick fix a little bug and try to recompile, but the clients don't notice the change until their caches expire or they're forced to invalidate them (say, touch the changed file, but that's lame).

That's sounds like the same behaviour. But what i noticed is that .svn dir of the repository is correctly updated while the file remains in this 0 state. Did you see the 0 after the permission fields? I've never experiencing such output.

you can experiment with mount options like 'noac' or 'actimeo' (see the nfs(5) manpage); they'll impact performance somewhat, but maybe in your situation it won't be a problem.

I've added the noac option just last monday but it didn't fix the problem. I'll try actimeo flag and give you a feedback. I don't care about the performance lately i just need my customer see the changes on the svn repos exported :-).

Thanks a lot.

simone