Re: Text-based mount interface breaking non-UDP mounts

vincent wrote:
I have the same problem than Frank, using NFS through a ssh tunnel. It
was working with 2.6.20 and I've just upgraded to 2.6.25 and it does not
works anymore.

Chuck sent me a workaround. The kernel understands an option that is not present in the userland mount code, mountproto. Set that along with the other options, so -o tcp,mountproto=tcp,... and it will force the mount call to go over tcp too.

Alternatively, you can grab the source for mount.nfs and disable text-based mounts by setting string=0, or by changing the kernel version it tests for to >2.6.25.

I think a fix for the kernel is in the works, so that should appear by 2.6.26 and possibly for a 2.6.25.y too.

Frank