Re: [NFS] Data corruption using 2.6.18 NFSv3 client -- sparse files?

    Clay> Hello, When multiple 2.6.18 NFSv3 clients write to the same
    Clay> file, after one of the clients has recently read from the
    Clay> file, we see data corruption in the form of null bytes
    Clay> inserted into the file.

If its the same bug we've seen it appeared in 2.6.17 and we "fixed" by
downgrading the involved hosts to 2.6.16. It was related to this post
by Trond Myklebust (in Jan/Feb) :-

    That is very likely to be the same problem as fixed in

    http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commitdiff;h=5d47a35600270e7115061cb1320ee60ae9bcb6b8

    AFAICR, all kernels after 2.6.17 were affected. Can you therefore see if
    the same patch applies to 2.6.19, and if it fixes your problem?

    Cheers
      Trond

Sincerely,

Adrian Phillips

--
Who really wrote the works of William Shakespeare ?
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shakespeare/