Re: The text-based mount interface doesn't support -s (--sloppy)

On Apr 25, 2008, at 4:11 AM, Steinar H. Gunderson wrote:
Hi,

Another user-reported regression. -s used to work, but since 1.1.2 it does
not, probably due to the text-based interface somehow:

 fugl:~> sudo mount.nfs 10.0.0.10:/store /store -s -o rw,asdfasdf
 mount.nfs: an incorrect mount option was specified

It's not exactly clear what the "sloppy" option is supposed to allow. We are trying to figure out right now precisely how this should work.

But before complaining too loudly about text-based mounts, please remember that there was no specification for the mount.nfs command and mount system call interface except for a 15 year old man page. We had to do something to move forward with IPv6 and RDMA transports; the legacy binary-only interface was simply inadequate.

--
Chuck Lever
chuck[dot]lever[at]oracle[dot]com