multiple instances of rpc.statd

Hello,

on servers with heartbeat managed resources one rather often has the situation
one exports different directories from different resources.

It now may happen all resources are running on one host, but they can also run
from different hosts. The situation gets even more complicated if the server
is also a nfs client.

In principle having different nfs resources works fine, only the statd state
directory is a problem. Or in principle the statd concept at all. Actually we
would need to have several instances of statd running using different
directories. These then would have to be migrated from one server to the
other on resource movement.
However, as far I understand it, there does not even exist the basic concept
for this, doesn't it?

Thanks,
Bernd

--