Re: linux-2.6.25-rc6-CITI_NFS4_ALL-1

J. Bruce Fields a écrit :

A new version of the CITI_NFS4_ALL patch is available here:

http://www.citi.umich.edu/projects/nfsv4/linux/kernel-patches/2.6.25-rc6-1/linux-2.6.25-rc6-CITI_NFS4_ALL-1.diff

Apologies for neglecting it so long.  I'm sort of unsure what people
want from this patch series (if they do want it at all).  Speak up if
you depend on it for anything.
Hi,
Thanks for delivering it. It is good to have it because it is a reference of the all tested and valid NFSV4 patches gathered in one delivery we can base on and which is accessible easily at only one place:your CITI page.

We know what it is in and where there is an issue we know the level of patches level we are talking about. It gives the NFSV4 patchs context to reproduce an anomaly to allow people to talk about the same level of NFSV4.
It allows also to  make a status of its quality to facilitate a migration.

Best Regards

It's basically just a merge between my latest stuff and Trond's latest
stuff, so should represent roughly the latest not-in-mainline-yet NFS
code.

Trond often rebases to non-tagged kernels, and I'm too lazy to backport
his changes to the latest released kernel; so while this patch is
against 2.6.25-rc6, it also includes some upstream stuff that's happened
since -rc6 (and that has nothing to do with nfs).

(The changelog below, though, should only include the nfs-related
changes.)

--b.

Adrian Bunk (1):
     make nfsd_create_setattr() static

Andrew Morton (1):
     net/sunrpc/svc.c: suppress unintialized var warning

Aurélien Charbon (1):
     IPv6 support for NFS server export caches

Chuck Lever (22):
     NFS: numeric mount parameters are unsigned
     NFS: Fix up data types of fields in nfs_parsed_mount_options
     NFS: Save the value of the "port=" mount option
     NFS: Save the values of the "mount*=" mount options
     NFS: Show most mount options via nfs_show_options()
     NFS: Always enable NFS direct I/O
     SUNRPC: Update help Kconfig text
     SUNRPC: Add a default setting for CONFIG_SUNRPC_BIND34
     NLM: LOCKD fails to load if CONFIG_SYSCTL is not set
     NLM: NLM protocol version numbers are u32
     lockd: bring a few function declarations up to date
     lockd: Ensure NSM strings aren't longer than protocol allows
     lockd: refactor SM_MON mon_name argument encoder
     lockd: refactor SM_MON my_id argument encoder
     lockd: document use of mon_id argument in SM_MON requests
     lockd: Fix up incorrect RPC buffer size calculations.
     lockd: introduce new function to encode private argument in SM_MON requests
     NFSD: Remove NFSD_TCP kernel build option
     NFSD: Update help text for CONFIG_NFSD
     NFSD: Move "select FS_POSIX_ACL if NFSD_V4"
     NFSD: Move "select NFSD_V2_ACL if NFSD_V3_ACL"
     NFSD: Remove redundant "select" clauses in fs/Kconfig

Felix Blyakher (1):
     nfsd: initialize lease type in nfs4_open_delegation()

Fred (1):
     nfs: nfs_redirty_request

Fred Isaman (3):
     NFS: fix encode_fsinfo_maxsz
     nfs: don't ignore return value from nfs_pageio_add_request
     nfs: remove duplicate initializations of nfs_read_data field

Harshula (1):
     sunrpc: GSS integrity and decryption failures should return GARBAGE_ARGS

Harvey Harrison (3):