Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of Linus' tree

On Thu, Sep 26, 2024 at 10:24 AM Miguel Ojeda
<miguel.ojeda.sandonis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 26, 2024 at 10:13 AM Stephen Rothwell <sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks.  I will replace the reverts in my fixes tree with that until it
> > is applied to Linus' tree.
>
> Thanks! I will apply it to rust-fixes now, so in principle you will
> get it through that branch for tomorrow, in case it helps.
>
> Cheers,
> Miguel

Do you offer a (an optimized - optimized for kernel-builds) prebuilt
RUST toolchain - preferable for x86-64 hosts - like Nathan +
LLVM/Clang folk offer (see [1],[2])?
Maybe I have missed in [3] or overlooked.

INFO: I use LLVM/Clang-19 from [2] for my latest Linux v6.11 builds.
It's faster (20-25% in build-time) than distro LLVM toolchain (here:
Debian/unstable AMD64).

[ Provocative ]
Can I REALLY use a RUST-compiled Linux-kernel on BARE METAL?
Do I need special hardware?
Do you have a working in sense of bootable linux-config file?
^^ This is a real question - not interested in any "technical preview".
^^ You do NOT need to answer all this!
[ /Provocative ]

Thanks.

BR,