Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the mm tree

On Wed, 24 Jul 2024 06:31:53 +0100 Lorenzo Stoakes <lorenzo.stoakes@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Caused by commit
> >
> >   b102945dd5b2 ("mm: move internal core VMA manipulation functions to own file")
> >
> > from the mm-unstable branch of the mm tree.
> >
> > asm/page_types.h only exists for x86 ...
> >
> > I have dropped the mm tree until the end of the merge window.
> >

> This seems a bit drastic. It's literally caused by 2 unncessary header includes
> which are already fixed.
>
> We really want to get some time in -next for this ideally.

I'm busily merging 6.12 material while the 6.11 merge window is still
open.  That is Against The Rules, for good reasons - linux-next remains
the 6.11-rc1 candidate tree until the merge window ends.

So removing mm.git from -next is appropriate.  It'll be restored next week.

mm-unstable remains a suitable base for ongoing work.