Re: linux-next: manual merge of the rcu tree with the risc-v tree

On Mon, Apr 15, 2024 at 12:32:47PM +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Today's linux-next merge of the rcu tree got a conflict in:
>
>   arch/riscv/include/asm/cmpxchg.h
>
> between commits:
>
>   07a0a41cb77d ("riscv/cmpxchg: Deduplicate cmpxchg() asm and macros")
>   54280ca64626 ("riscv/cmpxchg: Implement cmpxchg for variables of size 1 and 2")
>
> from the risc-v tree and commit:
>
>   b5e49f1af563 ("riscv: Emulate one-byte cmpxchg")
>
> from the rcu tree.
>
> I fixed it up (I just used the former as the latter seems to no longer be
> needed - I also undid the change to arch/riscv/Kconfig from the latter)
> and can carry the fix as necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next
> is concerned, but any non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your
> upstream maintainer when your tree is submitted for merging.  You may
> also want to consider cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting
> tree to minimise any particularly complex conflicts.

Agreed, it looks to me like I should drop my RISC-V change in favor of
the native support.  Please let me know if I am mistaken.

If I do not hear otherwise, I will pull my commit out of -next in favor
of those two on my next rebase.

							Thanx, Paul