Re: linux-next: Fixes tag needs some work in the rcu tree

On Thu, Apr 04, 2024 at 02:14:43PM +0200, Uladzislau Rezki wrote:
> Hello!
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > In commit
> >
> >   a55be9aacc45 ("rcu: Do not release a wait-head from a GP kthread")
> >
> > Fixes tag
> >
> >   Fixes: 05a10b921000 ("rcu: Support direct wake-up of synchronize_rcu() users")
> >
> > has these problem(s):
> >
> >   - Target SHA1 does not exist
> >
> > Maybe you meant
> >
> > Fixes: 654f59c6bc95 ("rcu: Support direct wake-up of synchronize_rcu() users")
> >
> I have a question. Could you please clarify why those commits are in the linux-next?
> Those commits have to go over RCU tree. It looks like i am missing something but
> please elaborate.

Stephen pulls the -rcu "rcu/next" tag into -next, and does similarly for
a large number of other trees.  This serves to pre-test the commits that
are likely to show up in the upcoming merge window.  The pre-testing
includes the build testing that Stephen does directly and additional
testing that others do on the -next tree (for example, I occasionally
run rcutorture on it).

So these commits are in -next because I told Stephen to include them.

But if you would like, I would be happy to pull your series out of the
portion covered by rcu/next for the time being.

							Thanx, Paul