Re: linux-next: manual merge of the kvm tree with the drm-xe tree

On 3/1/24 19:17, Lucas De Marchi wrote:
I'm surprised to see 3c7a8e190bc5 ("uapi: introduce uapi-friendly macros
for GENMASK") with no acks from maintainer though.

The patch sat on the list for a couple months, then I went ahead and committed it.

The changes to include/linux/bits.h are just code movement from kernel to uapi header (plus the uglification of BITS_PER_LONG and BITS_PER_LONG_LONG per uapi rules) so I think that's fine.

But I'll drop an email to them to ask them if they want MAINTAINERS to include the new file.

Btw, aren't you missing some includes in include/uapi/linux/bits.h?

Yeah, uapi/linux/const.h is needed to use the macros in bits.h. I didn't notice because KVM headers include it anyway and, on the include/linux/ side, include/linux/bits.h gets it via include/linux/const.h.

Paolo