Re: linux-next: build warning after merge of the arm-soc-fixes tree

On Wed, Feb 21, 2024 at 7:00 AM Arnd Bergmann <arnd@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 21, 2024, at 14:53, Rob Herring wrote:
> > On Tue, Feb 20, 2024 at 3:28 PM Stephen Rothwell <sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> arch/arm/boot/dts/renesas/r8a7793-gose.dtb: Warning (interrupt_map): Failed prerequisite 'interrupt_provider'
> >>
> >> Introduced/exposed by commit
> >>
> >>   78b6f8e7379b ("dtc: Enable dtc interrupt_provider check")
> >>
> >> I guess you missed some :-(
> >
> > No, Geert separately posted fixes for already.
>
> I did make the mistake of applying the final patch "dtc:
> Enable dtc interrupt_provider check" to the arm/fixes branch
> for 6.8 along with the other fixes.
>
> Clearly that should be separate and only go into mainline
> after there are no more regressions, but now I'm unsure
> about the other patches -- did you intend the dts fixes
> for 6.8 or for the coming merge window?

Either is fine with me. My intent was the whole series plus the
Renesas fix to be applied together. Anything new that crops up we can
fix on top.

Yes, there are lots of powerpc warnings, but those are on top of lots
of existing powerpc warnings no one seems to care about. I suppose we
can turn them off for powerpc if desired.

Rob