Re: linux-next: manual merge of the drm-misc tree with Linus' tree

Hi Michael,

On Tue, Feb 6, 2024 at 12:29 PM Michael Walle <mwalle@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Stephen and all,
>
> >> Today's linux-next merge of the drm-misc tree got a conflict in:
> >>
> >>   drivers/gpu/drm/bridge/samsung-dsim.c
> >>
> >> between commit:
> >>
> >>   ff3d5d04db07 ("drm: bridge: samsung-dsim: Don't use
> >> FORCE_STOP_STATE")
> >>
> >> from Linus' tree and commit:
> >>
> >>   b2fe2292624a ("drm: bridge: samsung-dsim: enter display mode in the
> >> enable() callback")
> >>
> >> from the drm-misc tree.
> >>
> >> I fixed it up (see below, please check) and can carry the fix as
> >> necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but
> >> any
> >> non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer
> >> when your tree is submitted for merging.  You may also want to
> >> consider
> >> cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise
> >> any
> >> particularly complex conflicts.
> >
> > I changed my mind and just used the latter version of this file.
>
> Bug wise, this is the wrong solution. Because it will reintroduce the
> faulty FORCE_STOP_STATE. Also keep in mind, my fixes commit is/was
> already
> backported to the stable series.
>
> See also the discussion at [1]. Unfortunately, there was no conculusion
> yet.
> I think [2] is the proper resolution, at least for the commit
> b2fe2292624a
> ("drm: bridge: samsung-dsim: enter display mode in the enable()
> callback")
> I'm not sure in what state the drm-misc tree is.
>
> -michael
>
> [1]
> https://lore.kernel.org/dri-devel/CAPM=9tytMB9frxNeD08hu1qsusY=wEE3bJOFmUgA1rSpabwDpg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/
> [2]
> https://lore.kernel.org/dri-devel/31e1a38a1d012a32d6f7bc8372b6360e@xxxxxxxxxx/

Unfortunately, in this recent period, I have been very busy and have
not been able to run tests on this matter.
As soon as I am able to do so, I will.

Thanks and regards,
Dario

--

Dario Binacchi

Senior Embedded Linux Developer

dario.binacchi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Amarula Solutions SRL

Via Le Canevare 30, 31100 Treviso, Veneto, IT

T. +39 042 243 5310
info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

www.amarulasolutions.com