Re: linux-next: manual merge of the nfsd tree with the nfsd-fixes tree

> On Jan 5, 2024, at 5:33 PM, Stephen Rothwell <sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hi Chuck,
>
> On Thu, 4 Jan 2024 22:51:07 -0500 Chuck Lever <chuck.lever@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> I plan to rebase nfsd-next as soon as 76d296a82657 ("nfsd: drop the
>> nfsd_put helper") is merged. I'll have a closer look at this
>> conflict tomorrow (my time).
>
> Instead of rebasing your tree just before the merge window, why not
> just merge nfsd-fixes into the nfsd tree?

My development toolchain is stgit, where rebasing is butt-
simple.

I'm not smart enough to make all that work out, and merges
make my head hurt. That's why I let you and Linus handle it,
and then never rebase once my PRs are merged into
torvalds/linux.git.

I'm open to learning more, but I might resist making my dev
workflow more complicated.

--
Chuck Lever