Re: linux-next: build warning after merge of the jc_docs tree

Stephen Rothwell <sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> After merging the jc_docs tree, today's linux-next build (htmldocs)
> produced this warning:
>
> include/crypto/hash.h:248: warning: Excess struct member 'digestsize' description in 'shash_alg'
>
> and 636 new similar warnings :-(
>
> Exposed by commit
>
>   b77fdd6a48e6 ("scripts/kernel-doc: restore warning for Excess struct/union")
>
> I am not sure what we should do about this ... last Friday I only
> got about 18 lines of warnings.

The warnings were expected, of course.

The alternatives are to fix the docs or to revert b77fdd6a48e6,
pretending that all those kerneldoc errors don't actually exist.  The
fixes should be pretty easy to do (and there's far less of them than it
seems from the number of warnings).  I can't get there right away but if
nobody beats me to it I'll try to toss some patches together.

Thanks,

jon