Re: linux-next: manual merge of the ftrace tree with the kselftest-fixes tree

On Wed, 18 Oct 2023 10:01:04 -0600
Shuah Khan <skhan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
> > is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
> > conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
> > is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
> > with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
> > complex conflicts.
> >

> Thank you Stephen.
>
> Steve, how would you like to handle this one. I am planning
> to send fix to Linus this week to be included in Linux 6.6
> in a fixes update.

Feel free to send it as you expected to. I do a merge of Linus's tree before
sending a pull request for the merge window, and report all conflicts that
occur.

Linus is good at merge conflict resolution, so this should not be a problem.

-- Steve