Re: Re-add v9fs/for-next branch

Hi Eric,

On Wed, 25 Jan 2023 14:25:03 -0600 Eric Van Hensbergen <ericvh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> After a decade hiatus, I was wondering if would be possible to add my
> for-next branch
> (https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ericvh/v9fs.git/log/?h=ericvh/for-next)
> back into linux-next.  I'm going to be doing quite a bit of work over
> the next few months fixing up performance and have already coordinated
> a bit with Dominique who has been doing much of the heavy lifting of
> v9fs maintainership over the past decade -- but is worried that he
> doesn't have the bandwidth to keep up with a high rate-of-change.

Added from today as "v9fs-ericvh".

Thanks for adding your subsystem tree as a participant of linux-next.  As
you may know, this is not a judgement of your code.  The purpose of
linux-next is for integration testing and to lower the impact of
conflicts between subsystems in the next merge window.

You will need to ensure that the patches/commits in your tree/series have
been:
     * submitted under GPL v2 (or later) and include the Contributor's
        Signed-off-by,
     * posted to the relevant mailing list,
     * reviewed by you (or another maintainer of your subsystem tree),
     * successfully unit tested, and
     * destined for the current or next Linux merge window.

Basically, this should be just what you would send to Linus (or ask him
to fetch).  It is allowed to be rebased if you deem it necessary.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

--