Re: linux-next: manual merge of the net-next tree with the net tree

On 19/01/2023 00:41, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Today's linux-next merge of the net-next tree got conflicts in:
>
>   drivers/net/ipa/ipa_interrupt.c
>   drivers/net/ipa/ipa_interrupt.h
>
> between commit:
>
>   9ec9b2a30853 ("net: ipa: disable ipa interrupt during suspend")
>
> from the net tree and commits:
>
>   8e461e1f092b ("net: ipa: introduce ipa_interrupt_enable()")
>   d50ed3558719 ("net: ipa: enable IPA interrupt handlers separate from registration")
>
> from the net-next tree.
>
> I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
> is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
> conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
> is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
> with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
> complex conflicts.

Hi all, sorry for the delayed response to this.

If this is the same fixup in Matthieu's email [1] (which it appears to
be), I can confirm that it's the correct fix here.

I based the patch on master as it is a bug fix which we intend to
backport, I should have mentioned the conflict with Alex's patch on
-next, apologies for the miscommunication.

--
Kind Regards,
Caleb (they/them)