Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the printk tree

On Tue, Jun 23, 2020 at 02:16:38PM +0200, Petr Mladek wrote:

> I have removed the problematic commit for now. It tried to remove
> some cyclic dependencies from heavily used include files. It clearly
> needs more love.

Hmm, the cyclic dependencies are there because you didn't pull in
the lockdep_types patch.  The printk patch must go on top of the
lockdep_types patch.  How about just putting this into the x86 tree
alongside the lockdep_types patch?

Thanks,
--
Email: Herbert Xu <herbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>