Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the akpm-current tree

Hi Dan,

On Sun, 19 Nov 2017 20:25:18 -0800 Dan Williams <dan.j.williams@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Ugh, yes. Looks correct. I might have confused my build success
> notifications from 0day. I'll spin out a new branch to make sure this
> is the last of it.

Thanks.

While I have your attention ... did you consider using the other
paradigm:

In arch include files:
#define pud_write	pud_write
static inline int pud_write(pud_t pud)

Then in include/asm-generic/pgtable.h:

#ifndef pud_write
tatic inline int pud_write(pud_t pud)
{
}
#endif

If you had, then the powerpc code would have worked ... ;-)
and many of the other interfaces in include/asm-generic/pgtable.h are
protected that way ...

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell