Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the tip tree

* H. Peter Anvin <hpa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> That is not the issue here.  The problem is clearly that objtool is a host
> program and not compiled with host cc.  So it is a good thing to test even
> though it is weird, because it affects real use cases.

Absolutely, it's a real bug that should be fixed. What is counterproductive is
that this rare and hard to replicate build modus is now a must-have test for
linux-next inclusion.

I already cross-build to 20+ weird, rarely used architectures, slowing down the
linux-next merge integration test immensely and wasting quite a bit of
electricity. linux-next making it even harder to test for is a step backwards.

Thanks,

	Ingo