Re: getting fixmap patches in linux-next

Hi Mark,

On Wed, 11 Dec 2013 10:55:59 -0500 Mark Salter <msalter@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, 2013-12-11 at 16:40 +0100, Ingo Molnar wrote:
> > * Mark Salter <msalter@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi, I have cleanup of fixmap.h here:
> > >
> > >  http://lkml.org/lkml/2013/11/25/474
> > >
> > > Most of the series has been ack'd with the notable exception
> > > of the arch/x86 part. [...]
> >
> > It didn't look controversial to me:
> >
> >   Acked-by: Ingo Molnar <mingo@xxxxxxxxxx>
> >
> > > [...] I'd like to get this series into linux-next but I'm not sure
> > > of the best way. I could put it in the c6x tree but it doesn't
> > > belong there and I don't want to put the x86 patch in there without
> > > any acks. I've cc'd Ingo thinking the tip tree may be the place it
> > > should go.
> >
> > I think akpm is usually collecting such generic arch and kmap patches
> > - mind pinging him whether he'd like to take it into -mm?
>
> Thanks, will do.

If this is available as a git tree and is pretty stable (i.e. ready for
inclusion by Linus), I could just include that tree into linux-next now
and you could send it to Linus directly when the next merge window opens.

I often have short lived project trees in linux-next.
--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx