Re: linux-next: unusual update of the security tree

Hi James,

On Thu, 6 Dec 2012 08:25:21 -0800 Linus Torvalds <torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Have people pulled that thing into anything else? Because quite
> frankly, I think it's unsalvageable except with a rebase.

So to be explicit, I think you need to do this:

	- tell as many people as possible that you are going to rebase
	  your tree
	- reset your tree back to the point just before you pulled Casey's
	  tree (3f0cc6ae8662).
	- Casey needs to rebase his tree on top of yours
	- then after Casey has tested his tree again you can repull his
	  new tree.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx