RE: ia64 dies in slab code on next-20120906

-	kmem_cache = (void *)__get_free_pages(GFP_NOWAIT, order);
+	kmem_cache = (void *)__get_free_pages(GFP_NOWAIT|__GFP_ZERO, order);

This patch is in next-20120910 ... which boots just fine on ia64. Thanks.

> Thanks for testing. My daughter has been in the ICU since Thursday and I
> had to guess that this was the right solution based on what I was able
> to glean on from experiences of others with the issue. Never was able to
> truly test the fix or even do a kernel build while the crisis was going
> on here. She just was moved out of the ICU an hour ago so I will be
> able to do more next week.

If only medical science worked like computer science. A couple of people
around the world see some symptoms and do some superficial diagnosis
and within hours you have a one line patch to make it all better.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery for your daughter.

-Tony