Re: [patch -linus] regmap: REMAP_IRQ should select IRQ_DOMAIN itself

On Wed, 23 May 2012, David Rientjes wrote:

> So my patch to select IRQ_DOMAIN for REGMAP_IRQ is correct since
> REGMAP_IRQ now requires IRC_DOMAIN since the commit listed in the
> changelog.
>
> What's fragile is going around and adding "select IRQ_DOMAIN" to
> everything that does "select REGMAP_IRQ".  So I removed that and just made
> IRQ_DOMAIN select REGMAP_IRQ itself.
>
> So can this be merged or what's the issue?

Oh well, Linus already merged your git pull that you didn't cc to me and
you did it with a bogus commit message that insists this is only a
randconfig issue when in reality you never tested enabling
CONFIG_MFD_PALMAS without CONFIG_IRQ_DOMAIN when you merged 4af8be67fd99
("regmap: Convert regmap_irq to use irq_domain").