Re: Update to SCSI trees for Linux Next

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 3:43 AM, James Bottomley
<James.Bottomley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Stephen
>
> Just to let you know that SCSI is moving on to a single tree model from
> now on.  The new tree is
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jejb/scsi.git
>
> And the branch for next is for-next.
>
> Could you drop both the scsi-misc-2.6 and scsi-rc-fixes-2.6 tree, please
> because I'll send everything through this for-next branch.
>
> For the time being, could you keep the scsi-post-merge-2.6 tree?  It's
> easier when resolving conflicts amongst other trees to use a separate
> git tree (although we haven't actually had to use this one for a while).

Speaking of resolving conflicts, are you looking to resolve conflicts
between scsi/fixes and development branches targeted at the next merge
window?  Or, would you rather ask the development branch to rebase on
top of latest Linus once scsi/fixes lands upstream?

My libsas development branch, if I base it on current Linus, will
conflict with the bits queued in scsi/fixes.

--
Dan