Re: New build failures in sparc.

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 6:48 PM, David Miller <davem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> From: Paul Gortmaker <paul.gortmaker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 18:28:18 -0400
>
>> Just a heads up that these turned up today in linux-next:
>
> You must have updated your sparc binutils recently, which is now more
> strict about making sure the proper options are passed to enable v8
> instructions.

Thanks Dave, you are absolutely correct.  Stephen indicated some
toolchain updates were pending when I'd asked about mips but
it never crossed my mind again until now.

I went and looked, and last weeks build (which was OK) was using
the gcc-4.4.3 (+ whatever binutils) and the failure today is now on
gcc-4.6.3 (+ some newer binutils).

http://kisskb.ellerman.id.au/kisskb/buildresult/5826617/

vs:

http://kisskb.ellerman.id.au/kisskb/buildresult/5869520/