Re: Please include modem_shm in linux-next

Hi

On Fri, 13 Jan 2012 00:40:07 +0100 Sjur BRENDELAND <sjur.brandeland@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Could you please consider pulling the driver tree
> git@xxxxxxxxxx:sjurbren/modem-ipc.git for-next.

That is not a URL I can pull ... git://... please

> I have gpg-signed the tag modem_shm_v5.
>
> This replaces the previous branch you pulled from Linus Walleij:
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/linusw/linux-stericsson.git xshm-for-next
>
> Please get back to me if any issues.

I don't like adding new trees during the merge window.  If this code is
for v3.4, please ping me after v3.3-rc1 is out.  Is the code in the old
xshm tree going to be sent to Linus Torvalds during this merge window?

I just had a look at this new version (I used
git://github.com/sjurbren/modem-ipc.git branch for-next to fetch it) and
there seems like a large amount of churn in the code if it is to be
merged this merge window.   Also, the last patch (that adds the cif shm
driver) you effectively change the module name of an existing driver - I
am not sure what impat that will have on existing users.

I would also like to hear from Linus Walleij ...
--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx